Slit Tapes of BPREG
How can we help further?
Let us help you discover where & how to use natural fiber reinforced composites in your applications.
The First Sustainable Slit Tape
Introducing EcoRein/ST - a game-changing sustainable composite material. Our flax-fiber reinforced thermoplastic unidirectional slit tape offers exceptional strength and rigidity while being lightweight and eco-friendly.
Superior Strength and Low Weight: Benefits of EcoRein/ST
Our unidirectional slit tapes offer unique advantages over other composite materials. They provide outstanding strength in a single direction, making them perfect for applications requiring high stiffness and low weight. EcoRein/ST's unidirectional form also enables a high degree of customization in fiber orientation, allowing for tailored performance to meet specific design requirements.
Additionally, the unidirectional form minimizes waste and optimizes the use of reinforcement fibers, reducing material costs and environmental impact.
Easy to Process through Tape Weaving, Tape Placement, and Braiding Methods
Our unidirectional slit tape is easy to process through tape weaving, tape placement, and braiding methods. We offer two polymer options - polypropylene (PP) and Polylactic acid (PLA), which are both recyclable and sustainable. We also provide color options for polymer materials in serial-size orders.
Choose EcoRein/ST for a sustainable composite material that combines outstanding performance with environmental responsibility.
EcoRein/ST Slit Tape Options
ST25 I ST12 I ST6
Our slit tapes are served in cardboard (pancake) spools in three width options: 25mm (1’’), 12.7mm (1/2‘’), and 6mm (1/4‘’). Tapes are slitted from mother rolls of our EcoRein/UD family; thus the percentage of flax fiber and the matrix is the same as the mother roll. The available length is currently 200m.
Tailored Performance and Efficient Production
With EcoRein/ST, you can enjoy the benefits of a high-performance material that is also environmentally responsible. From the electric mobility industry to high-end automotive markets, and from commercial sporting goods to winter sports equipment, EcoRein/ST is the perfect solution for weight reduction and compliance with emission regulations.
Below are some of the key benefits of our unidirectional slit tape composites:
- The tapes can be woven into fabrics, or mesh structures, braided, or placed into molds to create complex shapes with precision.
- Suitable for a variety of electrified mobility applications such as e-bikes, e-motorbikes, supercars, and premium sports cars.
- Commercial sporting goods like golf clubs, bicycles, hockey sticks, tennis rackets, and winter sports equipment can also benefit from the high strength and lightweight properties of EcoRein/ST.
- Offer superior fatigue resistance and damage tolerance compared to other composite materials.
- The manufacturing process is highly efficient, with minimal waste and reduced production costs.
- The resulting components manufactured with EcoRein/ST are lightweight and sustainable.
Wondering about case studies and further technical details of EcoRein/ST? Just drop us an e-mail to discuss the details of your application and answer your technical questions.
Better drapability for complex geometries
Enables design without limits